The classroom environment will be stimulating and challenging; however additionally, at Telesis we will be focused. We will use the Arizona Academic Common Core Standards and the Arizona Board of Regents requirements as a foundation and guideline from which we will build our program. The curriculum will be developmentally appropriate and student oriented. By this we mean that the subject matter chosen will address the abilities and maturation of the respective students and will be relevant to the students. Whenever possible, student input will be encouraged when considering subject matter to be addressed in the classrooms.
Rowland Reading Foundation’s Superkids
A comprehensive K-2 reading program that:
- Completely aligned to the Common Core State Standards
- Built on systematic phonics
- Balances all five essential elements of reading
- Integrates reading, writing, spelling, and grammar
- Combines rigor with fun!
Houghton Mifflin Reading: The Nation’s Choice.
A program that delivers:
- Evidence of effectiveness, based on scientific research
- Powerful, comprehensive instruction in the five strands of reading
- Assessment that diagnoses needs, informs instruction, and documents results
- Resources that meet the needs of all students
- Management tools that make teaching and planning easy
The Dynamic Indicators of Basic Early Literacy Skills (DIBELS) are a set of standardized, individually administered measures of early literacy development. They are designed to be short (one minute) fluency measures used to regularly monitor the development of pre-reading and early reading skills.
Discovery (formerly Discover Intensive Phonics for Yourself)
Discovery teaches a foundation for good reading, spelling and vocabulary development through a systematic, intensive phonics approach in which students are taught the 42 sounds of the alphabet, 5 phonetic skills and a 2-step skill for decoding multi-syllable words. Discover Intensive Phonics for Yourself accomplishes the primary goal of phonics instruction: learning to recognize words rapidly and automatically, but Discover Intensive Phonics goes beyond phonics! It is much more than just letter sound relations – rather, through direct, multi-sensory instruction students complete word structure. Discover Intensive Phonics is a scientifically based program incorporating phonemic awareness, decoding and encoding (spelling) skills, blending and fluency, vocabulary development and language arts. Through the use of a unique marking system, the program provides a working knowledge of likely and unlikely sequences of letters and the ability to easily break words into syllables.
Accelerated Reader – Reading Renaissance
Accelerated Reader can do even more to help accelerate reading growth for students, from emergent readers to college prep. Helps kids get excited about books. Accelerated Reader (AR®) helps students focus attention on careful reading of books, which improves students’ critical-thinking skills and builds the intrinsic love of reading.
STAR Reading helps to determine the reading level of each student, measure individual and class growth, and forecast results on standardized tests. Students can complete the computer-adaptive assessment in less than 10 minutes, and you get accurate, reliable, norm-referenced scores immediately!
Pearson enVision Math
Pearson enVision Math believes that the future of American education and the path to improved student outcomes comes through personalized learning models – for students, educators, schools, districts, and states. Personalization is formed by the intersection of assessment, instruction, services, and technology. Personalization done properly results in:
- Improved student achievement
- Enhanced access to educational opportunities based upon one’s own requirements
The program is relentlessly focused on personalizing learning as the way to deliver these results.
Cutting-edge technology that introduces math concepts to high school students in new and effective ways. Our goal is to enhance learning and maximize instruction to build solid foundations for college and the future.
Rosetta Stone Classroom Version 3, used at our Academy level, unleashes the power of technology to create an environment that accelerates language learning and provides quantifiable measurements of success.
- Advanced speech recognition technology compares a student’s voice to that of a native speaker and guides students to more accurate pronunciation.
- Students engage in interactive, life-like conversations based in context. This allow them to produce completely new spoken and/or written language
- Through Adaptive Recall, the program schedules review material to appear at optimal intervals to test students’ new language knowledge and ensure efficient retention.
- Interactive and engaging speaking activities get students producing language on their own in just a few screens.
- End-of-unit Milestones test language skills using real-life simulated conversations.
- Interactive grammar and spelling activities reinforce lessons and make learning fun.
- Powerful reporting tools deliver easy-to-read reports and graphs that track and guide student progression.
- Easy-to-use curriculum editor allows teachers to customize courses to address individual student or entire class development needs.
The most widely used language-learning software in the world that offers 27 different languages, Rosetta Stone has been adopted successfully by tens of thousands of schools, corporations, government agencies. It is easy to use and it works.